Our passion for our teacher training comes from the love for working with inspiring people who courageously take the giant leap towards self-knowledge and self-empowerment by joining this course.
We appreciate each of our teacher trainees’ unique personality, personal history and motivation to do this life enhancing course and we are driven to set a standard that is over and above the expectations of what the yoga alliance 200-hour registered training requires, as well as what the teacher trainees themselves feel that they can achieve.
This might sound overly optimistic, but it is really quite a simple method. With the certainty of developing a philosophical, anatomical and technical understanding of the practice on our course, we are also very aware of the need to strengthen the bridge between understanding all of the TTC yoga modules on a personal level and o being able to effectively deliver an inspiring, rewarding and professionally managed lesson to others.
Spend 28 days at the beautiful turtle cove yoga resort in tofo, mozambique and become an internationally accredited vinyasa-flow yoga teacher. Over 200 hours you will become skilled in the following:
- Techniques and training methods of the Vinyasa-Flow practice
- Teaching methodology
- Yoga anatomy and physiology
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics
- Yoga business management and marketing
This yoga immersion will transform you and your practice, instilling confidence and a deep understanding of the vinyasa-flow yoga practice and teaching technique. Over 200 hours you will learn to transform your body and mind. You will acquire all the yoga knowledge, ability and self belief to spring into your yoga career or simply further develop your personal practice.
This will be the third time that we offer a yoga course at the beautiful sanctuary of Turtle Cove nestled in the hills off Tofo village, a mere 10 minute walk from the market and beach. Other than being a cool haven for yoga loving travelers to enjoy the laid back Latino-Afro rhythm of life in Tofo, Turtle Cove also has a popular restaurant and bar, a beautiful swimming pool and outside lounge area where teacher trainees can relax and have a refreshing dip in between the course sessions.
All the chalets are clean, comfortable and warm, with an en-suite bathroom and hot water. There are 5 single rooms, 7 shared rooms and 2 dormitories available. Activities in the area include snorkeling, surfing (surf school), ocean safaris (swim with whale sharks), horse riding, beautiful walks, stunning beaches, wonderful restaurants and live music. The course includes an amazing yoga conscious brunch and dinner buffet every day.
Monday to Friday - full day of training
Saturday - half day training
Sunday - off day to enjoy the beautiful surrounds and take in some of the leisure activities.
Complete the form and email it to the administrators at email@example.com.
COURSE LESSON BREAKDOWN
Techniques, training and practice
- Vinyasa flow
- Drishti points
Teaching technique and delivery
- Rhythm and timing
- Dialogue management
- Group management
- Voice training
- Teaching etiquette
- Final assessment by course facilitators
Anatomy, physiology & alignment
- Human anatomy & physiology
- Yoga anatomy and alignment
- Our energy system
- Final examination
Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics
- History of yoga
- History of Ashtanga yoga
- Yoga lifestyle
- Principles of Ayurveda
- Yoga teacher ethics
- Final examination
- Class observation
- Teaching practice
- Practical teaching exam
Business management and marketing
- Discovering your niche market
- Managing your yoga business
- Marketing your yoga business
CERTIFICATION AND SKILLS GAINED THROUGH THE YO YOGA TTC
- Trainees will become certified to teach Vinyasa-Flow yoga, pranayama and meditation.
- On completion of the 200hr course, you will gain the title of a Yoga Alliance RYT (registered yoga teacher). Yoga Alliance is the Leading yoga accreditation in the world, providing you with the opportunity to teach yoga across the globe.
- The Yo Yoga TTC gives you all the necessary tools to start a yoga career.
Designed to bring out the best in you, this course will help you to find your voice and speak from the heart with confidence and conviction.
If you are not looking to become a yoga teacher and would simply like to further develop your practice and knowledge of yoga, this course is a great opportunity to do so.
1) It is recommended that you have an established practice before joining the course, however special exception can be given with the approval of the lead trainer.
2) Complete the application form and await confirmation of your acceptance.
3) Upon acceptance of your application, secure your spot on the course with a R7000 deposit.
4) All practice hours of the course are required to be done under the observation of the Yo Yoga teachers. Special exception can only be offered when approved by the lead trainer.
5) The course is 200 hours minimum and a high level of commitment is necessary to make sure that your teaching skills are up to standard once having completed the course.
Deposit fee - R7 000 (non-refundable)
Single room - R40 000
Shared room - R36 000
Dormitory - R34 500
Early Bird Special - save R1000 when making full payment before the 20th April 2018
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Deposits are non-refundable.
Payments beyond the initial deposit cannot be refunded, but can be used as credit at Yo Yoga for any of our products or services.